Things to do in Lehigh Valley: Top 5 for 2011
January 20th, 2011 posted by Jenny Poust
As I tried to figure out what to write this blog post on, I realized it’s time to make a to-do list. Not only will a list motivate me to go do something in Lehigh Valley, but if I share it with you, I’ll feel a sense of responsibility to follow through with it. (I did it once before and it worked out pretty well.)
If you’re ever looking for things to do in Lehigh Valley, the Lehigh Valley Map & Guide is a great starting off point for ideas. I paged through the proofs for the new Lehigh Valley Map & Guide (which should be here in two weeks!) and found five things I now plan to do during 2011:
- Flint Hill Farm – Although I grew up in the countryside of northwestern Lehigh County, I never lived on a farm. As part of a Flint Hill Farm Farm Stay, I’d have the option to spend the night or just visit for morning or afternoon chores. I think it would be so cool to “harvest” eggs for my own breakfast!
- Lost River Caverns – I’ve never been to Lost River Caverns, so 2011 sounds like the perfect time for me to go for a visit and check out the Crystal Chapel where actual wedding ceremonies have taken place (underground!).
- Deer Path Stables – Over the past few years, I’ve had the obsession with wanting to go on a horseback ride. Where it came from, I haven’t a clue, but I finally found a place nearby that will help me fulfill my dream of riding a horse.
- Stone House Inn & Spa – A massage is something I’ll do whether I’m on vacation or here at home in Lehigh Valley. It’s been awhile since my last massage, and Stone House Inn & Spa specializes in hot stone massage (which I’ve always wanted to try), so this was an easy pick.
- Story Fusion 2011 – Considering I plan to write a book some day and I love to read, it’s about time I attend this annual event put on by the Lehigh Valley Storytelling Guild.
So there’s my list. What do you think?