Highlights from the 2011 Celtic Classic
September 26th, 2011 posted by Marc Kaminetsky
Did you notice the sun came out in Lehigh Valley on Saturday and Sunday? That was great news for people who had gotten a case of cabin fever. It was also good news for Celtic Classic; one of my favorite festivals.
I have been going to Celtic Classic for about 10 years and have always enjoyed seeing Bethlehem turn green for a weekend. The festival has so many great features, so I decided to share my Top 5 highlights from this year’s Celtic Classic.
1. Bagpipe Bands – These bands were performing all over the festival grounds. The highlight was the performance by the City of Bethlehem Pipe Band.
2. The Nutty Bavarian – Whether it’s cinnamon glazed pecans or salted cashews, this booth never disappoints.
3. The Highland Games – The caber toss is my favorite of these games. It is amazing to see these athletes throw a 19 foot pole.
4. Demonstrations by the Wayside Farm Border Collies – These dogs are incredible at their craft, especially when they are able to herd a flock of ducks.
5. The Food – In my opinion food is the highlight of every Lehigh Valley festival, but Celtic Classic seems to offer some really unique options. This year’s meal was the Scottish Bar-B-Q from The Scottish Cottage. The pork was extremely tender and topped with a homemade sauce.
Did you make it to Celtic Classic? What was your favorite part?
This article mentions the following partners:
Celtic Classic Highland Games & Festival