Cupcakes in Catasauqua
April 23rd, 2012 posted by Marc Kaminetsky
Last night I was scanning through the TV Guide Channel and noticed that there was a new episode of Cupcake Wars on The Food Network. Normally this wouldn’t be worth mentioning, but Sunday’s episode featured a contestant from Lehigh Valley. Blondies of Catasauqua was one of 4 contestants competing in this unique competition. Unfortunately, Rebecca was knocked out in the second round, but it was not a reflection of the quality of her cupcakes. The judges felt her entries lacked the decorations other contestants used.
While it was great to see Blondies on The Food Network, I am happier to say they are a Lehigh Valley business. My wife and I have been ordering from Blondies for several months and have tried a wide variety of flavors. Our top 5 cupcakes are:
1. Peanut Butter Kandy Kake – A rich butter cake with a peanut butter center, topped with a chocolate buttercream & a peanut butter dollop
2. Snickers – A milk chocolate cake with a milk chocolate frosting, drizzles with caramel & chocolate sauce and sprinkled with chopped nuts
3. Boston Cream Pie – A rich butter cake with Bavarian cream center, topped with a chocolate frosting and dolloped with Boston cream
4. Moon Pie – A butter cake with a marshmallow filling, topped with chocolate buttercream, dolloped with marshmallow, sprinkled with graham & topped with a chunk of moon pie
5. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut – A white chocolate cake, with macadamia nut ground up and baked in, topped with buttercream frosting, a macadamia nut & toasted coconut
Have you been to Blondies? What is your favorite flavor?