The Top 5 things to do in Lehigh Valley before Summer officially ends
September 4th, 2012 posted by Jason Stershic
It may appear to most, that summer is over. There are no more Friday nights under the lights at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center, there will be no more baseball at Coca-Cola Park, school has started, Musikfest and the Great Allentown Fair are in the rear view mirror and the weather for the week is rather wet.
Don’t fret, Lehigh Valley. There is still a little summer left to salvage. Summer’s official end is September 21st and I now submit to you the top 5 things to do in the waning days of summer.
- Go to a Farmers’ Market – Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Emmaus, there are plenty of Farmers’ Markets for you to choose from.
- Attend one more festival – There are more than 5 festivals on our calendar of events between now and the end of summer. Attend one to prep for fall festivals like Oktoberfest.
- Catch a flick at a drive-in – With two area drive-ins; Becky’s and Shankweiler’s you have more options than most.
- Play a round of golf – It doesn’t matter if you do it with your friends or with the family, on the real course or the mini golf course, grab a shirt with sleeves and hit the links.
- Take a walk on Main Street – Lehigh Valley has a lot of beautiful downtowns and main streets for you to choose from.
So, what are you going to do before the official end of Summer?
This article mentions the following partners:
Coca-Cola Park, Home of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, Easton Farmers' Market, Shankweiler's Drive-In, Putt U Miniature Golf, Great Allentown Fair, The, Musikfest, Valley Preferred Cycling Center, Emmaus Farmers' Market, Becky's Drive-In, Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market