Top Five Fall Foods in Lehigh Valley
October 2nd, 2012 posted by Marc Kaminetsky
October in Lehigh Valley has become one of my favorite months and not just because the college football season is in full swing. It has more to do with all of the foods that are associated with Fall. Since the season features so many great tastes, I have put together my Top 5 Favorite Fall Foods:
- Pumpkin Ice Cream – Most people think of ice cream as a summer treat, but I always look forward to the unique fall flavors. My favorite is the Pumpkin Ice Cream at Bethlehem Dairy.
- Fresh Produce – Farmers markets have become year round attractions, but there is something special about getting freshly picked apples at a local farm stand. The Gala apples at Scholl Orchards are delicious.
- German Meats – Many restaurants offer Oktoberfest specials featuring Knockwurst and Bockwurst, but one of the best entrées in the area is the Bavarian Bratwurst at Dunderbak’s in the Lehigh Valley Mall.
- Pumpkin Coffee – Nothing puts me in the Fall spirit like a quality cup of coffee, so I was very happy to see that Wawa brought back their Pumpkin Spice coffee.
- Pumpkin Beer – There are many great Pumpkin beers available during the Fall, but my favorite is the Devious Imperial Pumpkin offered by Bethlehem Brew Works. The pumpkin flavor is complimented with hints of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
With so many great foods to look forward to, what is your favorite Fall food?