Lehigh Valley Christmas Season kickoff: It’s time to light the Lights!
November 23rd, 2012 posted by Marc Kaminetsky
The holiday season in Lehigh Valley is filled with wonderful attractions and events. Over the next four weeks I will be visiting some of these great venues including Chriskindlmarkt Bethlehem, Lights in the Parkway and Koziar’s Christmas Village. With that being said, I kicked off the 2012 holiday season with a visit to Peddler’s Village for their Grand Illumination Celebration.
The Grand Illumination Celebration marks the start of the holiday season at Peddler’s Village. The family friendly event drew thousands of visitors to Lahaska on a crisp fall evening. The celebration was highlighted by the lighting of the Peddler’s Village Christmas Tree.
Here are just a few of my favorite memories from Friday’s celebration:
- Enjoying a delicious Slow Roasted Turkey Dinner at the Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant
- Experiencing numerous light displays spread throughout the village (the color changing tunnel was the highlight for most)
- Finding a New York Mets ornament at Hello Sports Fans!
- Appreciating the Gingerbread House Competition and the wide variety of unique entries
- Ending the evening with a cup of warm apple cider from Pigadilly’s Ice Cream & Gelato
Friday night was filled with great memories and the Grand Illumination Celebration is sure to become an annual tradition. What is your favorite holiday tradition?