Top 5 Places to Dine Outdoors in Lehigh Valley
April 13th, 2013 posted by Kaitie Burger
It’s that time of year when the flowers start the bloom, temperatures are warming up, and people are getting out of the house. I know the last thing I want to be doing on a warm spring day is cooking dinner, so why not get out of the house and enjoy the weather?
Lehigh Valley has a ton of great restaurants where you can enjoy a seat outside, whether you’re stopping by for happy hour drinks or for a full meal. Check out my list of personal favorites below!
5. Melt- Located at the Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley, you’ll find this great spot for a delicious meal. But during the summer months, they open up the rooftop bar which is complete with brightly colored couches and tables. There’s just something about being outside on a nice summer evening having dinner with friends
It’s a great place to stop by for an evening of drinks with friends- you’ll feel just like you are in New York!
4. Bellissimo Ristorante- With plenty of tables outside, Bellissimo will take you from Allentown to the heart of Italy.
Their food is fantastic (I recommend the raviolois!) and the ambiance on the patio is great. If something lighter is on your mind, try one of their pizzas, all of which are homemade in their wood-burning oven.
If you can save room for dessert, this is the place to be!
3. Gio Italian Grill- Voted the best pizza in 2012, Gio brings a little slice of Italy right to Macungie.
Gio has quickly become a favorite among locals and a place many Lehigh Valley residents (and those visiting) are happy to drive to.
Enjoy a casual atmosphere here while you try out all of the fresh brick-oven pizzas – my favorite is the Campania!
2. Edge- Just off of Main Street in Bethlehem, Edge has a nice outdoor seating section. It’s tucked back off the street a bit so you have a little more privacy while still getting the appeal of dining outdoors.
There’s also a covering over the dining area so you can shield yourself if the sun is strong!
Don’t forget to take a stroll down Main Street before or after your meal for a variety of fun stores.
1. Sette Luna- The outdoor seating here at this Easton favorite gives just the right amount of shade from surrounding trees, and a great people watching view as well! You’ll occasionally find live music being played outside as well. Pop open a bottle from their wine list and enjoy the warm temperatures!
So there you have it, my top five locations to dine outdoors in Lehigh Valley. But there are many more! What are your favorite spots on a warm spring evening?