Top 5 Most Thrilling Water Slides at Wildwater Kingdom
July 30th, 2015 posted by Carrie L. Eager
Warning: this post is for daredevils only.
With 28 slides, Dorney Park’s Wildwater Kingdom has a lot to offer. A Dorney Park ticket includes entrance to Wildwater Kingdom. It really is hard to pick which slides are the best because it’s a water park – the perfect place to cool down on a hot summer day. And we all know the days are getting sweltering hot as we start the month of August.
I’m an adventure seeker; the more intense the slide or ride, the better. That’s why I know way more about the extreme rides. I might even go as far as to call myself an expert. So if you’re looking for an experience that makes your heart beat fast, here’s my list of the top 5 most thrilling water slides at Wildwater Kingdom:
- Boa Blasters: These twin snake themed slides fly you down Fast and Furious But every time you think you know what’s coming next, I can promise you that you’ll be surprised. Every twist and drop comes out of nowhere, taking you for the ride of your life.
- Python Plummet: This is easily my favorite slide – I love the anticipation for it. As you’re sitting in your tube, a countdown begins. I’ll let you find out yourself what happens next because I don’t want to ruin the surprise. What I can tell you, however, is the jaw-dropping facts about this slide: it’s 65 feet tall and you whip through the water at 26 feet per second (I’m not the best with math, but I can tell you that’s fast). Another hint: there’s a vertical free-fall drop.
- Constrictor: Time to get loopy. This enclosed slide spins you through four 360-degree twists and turns, giving new meaning to the phrase “let’s give it a whirl” – and giving you an adrenaline rush.
- Lightning Falls: If you’re feeling competitive, head over to this slide and put your game face on. Race to the finish line down the two side-by-side 70-foot-tall water slides. Nothing like some rivalry to really get you excited.
- Aquablast: Aquablast’s raft is large enough to fit 4 people, taking you up some pretty steep banks. While single rider slides are always a good time, it’s even more fun when you can enjoy the rush (and screams) with your family or friends. It’s also fun to laugh at their reactions. Fun fact: Aquablast is one of the longest elevated water slides in the world (shoutout to Dorney Park for this tidbit of information).
That’s my list of my rides that I head to first! For the less adventurous or the ones who want to have a more relaxing day, Wildwater Kingdom offers plenty of other slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, cabanas and water play areas for all ages.
Check out this article for The Top 10 Rides at Dorney Park, as your ticket includes entry to both parks! Make it a day for the books.
This article mentions the following partners:
Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom