Weekend Events: May 6 – 8
May 6th, 2016 posted by Kaitie Burger
On the hunt for something to do in Lehigh Valley? Be sure to check out our Calendar of Events which is always brimming with local festivals, film showings, concerts, special dinners, and so much more. Each week, we highlight a few of the most anticipated upcoming events that are sure to add a boost of fun to your day. Be sure to share your Lehigh Valley experiences with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
What’s Happening: May 6 – 8
- First Friday in SouthSide Bethlehem: (Friday, May 6) Celebrate arts, culture, and more throughout the SouthSide of Bethlehem. Stop into local shops to explore the unique offerings, catch performances from local musicians, admire artwork at galleries, and so much more. Before you head home, be sure to grab a beer and some dinner at one of the local restaurants. Learn more.
- Opening of the Easton Farmers’ Market: (Saturday, May 7) Get ready to stock up on plenty of local produce! The Easton Farmers’ Market opens this weekend for the 2016 season. Grab a bite to eat from one of the vendors and enjoy the atmosphere along Centre Square as you browse the goods at the oldest continually running outdoor farmers’ market in the country. Learn more.
- Spring VeloFest: (Saturday, May 7) Make your way to the Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Trexlertown for this bi-annual event. Held once in the fall and once in the spring, VeloFest is the largest cycling marketplace in the nation. Browse the many vendors, plus grab a bite to eat while you’re there. Learn more.
- Vintage Passenger Train Rides on the WK&S Railroad: (Sunday, May 8) Take a step back in time as you enjoy a 40-minute ride along this vintage train. Rides depart throughout the afternoon for tours through lush countryside pastures. Learn more.
- Mother’s Day Brunch: (Sunday, May 8) Treat mom to a decadent brunch experience at one of the many local offerings. Be sure to make reservations as soon as possible, as these brunches are sure to sell out! Participating locations include Tolino Vineyards, McCarthy’s Red Stag Pub, ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks, Fegley’s Allentown & Bethlehem Brew Works, Copperhead Grille, Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel, and Woodstone Country Club.
And that’s just the start of the fun! Be sure to check out our full Calendar of Events.
Hosting an event and want to add it to our calendar? It’s easy! Simply submit your information via www.UploadYourEvent.com.