February 15th, 2013 posted by Marc Kaminetsky
In celebration of Lehigh Valley Beer Week I have created a list of my 5 favorite places to grab a beer in Lehigh Valley. Each of the bars features a great beer selection on draft and in bottles.
- The Mint – This former bank has become one of my favorite places to stop for an evening beer. Their massive beer list includes Rye Beers, Belgian Style Ales, Lagers and so much more. Some of my favorites include Victory Whirlwind Wit and Troegs Dream Weaver Wheat.
- Strange Brew Tavern – Looking for a place to relax after a long day, the Strange Brew Tavern is the perfect spot. This Allentown bar features more than 20 beers on tap and an even larger bottle menu. The Clown Shoes Clementine and Free Will Citra Pale Ale are highly recommended.
- PJ Whelihan’s Bethlehem – Whether you are watching the game or getting dinner, Whelihan’s is a great place to grab a beer. They have great specials including $3.50 Pints of Hoegaarden on Monday and $3.50 Guinness drafts on Tuesday. I highly recommend the P.J.W. Copper Lager, which is always $4 for a 22 ounce draft.
- Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery – You can’t go wrong with over 30 beers on tap. The selection at the Tilted Kilt includes a great mix of local and national options. The Weyerbacher Last Chance IPA and Victory HopDevil are always great choices.
- Bethlehem Brew Works – You can’t make a list of bars in Lehigh Valley without mentioning Bethlehem Brew Works. Their diverse offerings include the Steelworkers’ Oatmeal Stout, Fegley’s ESB and the Valley Golden Ale. With that being said, my favorites are the Steelgaarden Wit and the Knuckleball.
For those nights that you don’t feel like going out there is always Abe’s Cold Beer in Bethlehem for an awesome selection of 6-packs. What do you think, who has the best beer selection in Lehigh Valley?Continue Reading