Liberty Bell Museum - Credit Ang Caggiano
Money is tight for all of us these days, so I wanted to share a list I recently put together of Lehigh Valley attractions and events that are either free or cost less than $5 per person.
Museums & Galleries:
• Liberty Bell Shrine Museum (pictured) – no fee, but donations are appreciated – see a replica of the original bell, which was hidden from the British in the basement of this church.
• Allentown Art Museum – Admission to the facility’s main galleries is free on Sundays; however, a $5 fee is charged for admission to the special exhibit area.
• Banana Factory – Admission is free to watch a glass-blowing demonstration, tour the galleries and 23 artists’ studios, and visit the gift shop selling handmade art.
• Lehigh Valley Wine Trail – Visit all nine of the family-owned and operated wineries in the region; some wineries may charge a nominal fee for tastings.
• C.F Martin Guitar Company – Free one-hour factory tours are offered from 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (a small fee is charged for groups of 10 or more). After the tour, check out the 1833 gift shop, Pickin’ Parlor and company museum.